Commercial Property and Development Sites
Whether you are buying, selling, leasing, renting or developing a commercial premises we will work with you to ensure a smooth transaction that achieves your business goals.
We also have a specialist mortgage lender services team who work with a range of lenders across the UK.
Our commercial property services include:
- Lease agreements
- Option agreements
- Promotion agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Development sites
- Property finance
Our qualified and experienced solicitors will quickly get to know you and your business needs, as well as the commercial objective behind the particular transaction, in order to provide you with the very best service and legal advice tailored to the specific circumstances of the case. This means that you enter into the transaction fully aware of the strengths, as well as any weaknesses in your legal position and with no unwanted surprises later.
Investing in or disposing of commercial premises can be full of pitfalls. As a purchaser, dealing with such a major investment requires careful consideration of a multitude of issues, including:
- Your objective for the acquisition or disposal
- Your general business needs
- The proposed use of the premises now and in the future and your responsibilities as a commercial property owner
- How the deal is to be financed
If you are selling commercial premises, you want to know that the sale will be progressed as quickly as possible and pressure is maintained to achieve any agreed timetable, realising the value in your asset in a way that works for you.
We recognise that time is of the essence and will quickly ascertain the timetable for completion of the transaction. Wherever possible, we use e-conveyancing to speed up communications with all parties involved, and in particular to keep you informed. If you are local we will visit you or meet with you outside of normal hours in order to ensure the best progress possible is made to completion. This means that the busy times that often accompany major transactions of this kind do not get in the way of progress.
The legal advice needed should not cause you inconvenience, nor cost you a fee commonly associated with larger city practices. Please call us for a no-obligation discussion on how we can help you. Alternatively, please complete the contact us form and we’ll get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.
Whether you are granting a lease of commercial premises to generate an income, or taking a lease of premises to accommodate your business needs, we will work with you to ensure the premises work for you during the term of the lease.
Wherever possible, we use e-conveyancing to speed up communications with all parties involved, and in particular to keep you informed. If you are local we will visit you or meet with you outside of normal hours in order to ensure the best progress possible is made to completion. This means that the busy times that often accompany major projects of this kind do not get in the way of progress. The result is a flexible, fast and efficient service that achieves your business goals.
As a Landlord
There is so much that can decrease the return on your commercial property investment, eroding away that precious profit. We recognise this and will help you negotiate with your tenant to ensure that no matter what the circumstances, the lease works to:
- Incorporate any available security from your tenant, so that your rental income is protected
- Clearly identify who is liable for what repairs and expenses; avoiding any unnecessary liability during the term of the lease, whilst ensuring that the value of your investment is maintained
- Ensure that the requirements of any superior landlord and/or your bank are met
As a Tenant
There are many traps to fall into, which can result in you paying more than your fair share during the tenancy. We will help you negotiate with your landlord to ensure that:
- The lease suits the day to day needs of your business now and, insofar as possible, caters for any future requirements that you may foresee; meaning the needs of your business are met in the best possible way
- You are aware of your obligations under the lease and how these may impact upon your business now and in light of your future plans, which means no unwanted surprises later
- Your liability is kept to a minimum, so that you are not paying more than is necessary
- Any agreement for works to be undertaken by you or your landlord protects you, so that the works can be completed on time, in budget and with all necessary consents and permissions